Customer Service Skills
Customer service has always been recognized as an essential part of any business or organization. In the modern competitive business world, customer service is not just about keeping some clients happy or solve some minor problems, but it is about fulfilling customers expectations and raising business profile. A good customer service makes a huge difference to a company’s image, credibility and more importantly profitability.
Customer service acts as bridge that directly connects the business with its clients. As a result, it has a huge responsibility to act on customers’ needs, opinions and preferences. Customer service representatives also play a significant role in treating people in unusual and often challenging situations. The way complaints are handled and feedbacks are received by customer services make a significant change in the way the organization is viewed by the clients and determines many returning businesses. This content-rich course contains interactive exercises, scenarios, case studies, principles and guidelines in order to offer a systematic method in mastering customer services.
“As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principle, is sure to have trouble.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson -
Every time you offer your service or products to another person, you become a customer service representative and that person is now your customer. Anyone involved in business or organisation therefore needs to know the principals of effective customer service skills. Knowing how to deal with customers in difficult situations, how to response to their requests or concerns or simply providing a positive and memorable experience for your clients helps you and your company to rise above the competition. Customer service is a skill which can be learned and mastered through practice and persistence.
This course introduces you to the core principles of customer services. By employing these values and adopting the correct attitude, you will be able to handle the vast majority of customer interactions with ease no matter how unusual or complicated they are.
Learning by example is an ideal method when studying customer service skills and this course is full of interactive exercises and scenarios that will teach you how to handle each specific situation to get maximum results.
Mastering other topics such as body language, correctly stating your sentences for best results and communicating on the phone enhance your skills and will make you more confident in communicating through different communication channels.
You will also explore a number of methods to handle customer complaints, learn how to say ‘no’ and discover how to tackle different challenges professionally.
In this highly practical course you will learn:
- The fundamentals of customer service principles.
- How to interact with different type of customers and different personalities.
- What customers want and how to satisfy them.
- How to encourage a customer to give you more information by using correct questioning techniques.
- How to empathise with the customer and maintain rapport.
- What does it mean to handle a customer professionally?
- Hands-on customer service skills based on many case studies and scenarios involving various interactive exercises
- Learn how to handle, mistrustful customers, angry customers, concerned customers, demanding customers and many more.
- Learn a series of techniques you can use to handle especial situation.
- How to handle complaints, feedbacks and unhappy customers.
- How to deliver a “Soft No”
- What to say in different situations and how to say it.
- How to improve your telephone skills.
- How to sequence you sentences for maximum effect
- How to use body language to enhance your communication and read the true intention of customers