Coaching is a method of directing, inspiring and motivating people in achieving their goals and objectives. Knowing how to coach correctly is an important skill in this ever growing and highly competitive world. This course contains a range of topics on modern coaching principles including coaching mentality and strategy, effective questioning and active listening techniques, structuring inspiring and productive conversations, the highly praised GROW model, Human behaviour and reactions, efficient feedbacks and successful praising methods and many other relevant topics. The Coaching Skills course also offers interactive exercises, memorable and effective scenarios and case studies.
“There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.”
- Anthony Robbins -
Coaching is increasingly becoming one of the most sought after and important skills for anyone in a work environment. It is a skill that no manager can live without. The days of direct commands from managers to their employees are long gone. The importance of inspiring and guiding employees to realise their abilities and discover their power and responsibilities can no longer be ignored. This is why any successful company is now deeply interested in formal and informal coaching carried out continuously in the workplace.
Coaching is not limited to managers and team leaders. Coaching skills are essential in helping and inspiring your colleagues, friends and family. This course focuses on the latest proven methods of coaching and covers important topics such as structuring effective communications, successful questioning methods and active listening techniques, the GROW model, human behaviour, motivational conversations, giving feedback or praise and many other relevant topics.
Coaching Skills course will introduce you to the mentality of successful coaches, the effective methods of managing resistive or defensive coachees, the ability to control your emotions and to use others in inspiring and directing them towards achieving their goals.
We have always been told what to do by our parents, teachers, boss or even our colleagues. Telling however, has proven ineffective when it comes to successful coaching. This course will teach you about sound and fundamentally proven coaching techniques which promise clear vision, measured objectives and great results for coachee.
We know the best way to learn is by examples and hands-on experience, therefore this course is packed with effective practical and interactive exercises which would help you to quickly grasp different aspects of a well-delivered coaching session. Many questioning examples, scenarios and case studies are also provided throughout the course.
In this highly practical course participants will learn:
What is Coaching
- What is the difference between coaching and other kinds of instructional methods?
- How should you sequence your coaching?
- What should you talk about first?
- What are the principles of coaching that you must adhere to?
- What is formal and informal coaching and how do they differ?
- What are the best formal systems of coaching and how can you implement them at work?
- How can you integrate your coaching with HR performance appraisals?
- How to raise the awareness of a coachee
- How can you use coaching in line with your management responsibilities?
- What is peer coaching?
How to Motivate
- What are the main human needs?
- How to benefit from a variety of behavioural models to predict and motivate others
- How to take advantage of the power of motivation in coaching
How to Sequence Your Statements
- What is the GROW model?
- What kinds of questions should you ask in each stage of the GROW model?
- How to encourage others in the right direction
- How do humans learn and how can you use their natural learning habits while coaching to get maximum results?
How to Ask Questions
- What kinds of questions are ineffective in coaching and why?
- What results do you obtain from asking each type of question and how can you use this knowledge to coach?
- What types of questions can you ask and what are their pros and cons?
- What are open and closed questions and how can they help when coaching?
How to Give Feedback
- How to assess the coachee and provide valuable guidance
- How to give effective feedback
- How to overcome internal barriers while coaching
- How to overcome resistance to change or coaching