Accelerated Christian Education
Our curriculum choices is the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) material from the School of Tomorrow publishers of the United States.
A.C.E. has maintained high Biblical and academic standards and remained committed to setting children on a path of success. The goal is the same today - to prepare the children for the world and give them the academic and spiritual tools necessary to glorify God!
The A.C.E. model allows your child to progress independently through the curriculum and not as a group. The "Public School Model" holds back the faster learner and forces all the students forward regardless of their "learning gaps". Over a million graduates demonstrate that Individualized learning produces academic excellence.
How does the A.C.E. system work?
The Accelerated Christian Education curriculum is based on a series of workbooks called PACEs, which stands for Packets of Accelerated Christian Education.
- Each subject has 12 PACEs per grade level.
- The basic subjects of ACE are Mathematics, English, Science, Social Studies, and Word Building (spelling and word usage).
- Test Keys are published for corresponding PACEs. When a student enters the ACE system, their academic ability is assessed, and any learning gaps are addressed.
- A PACE is stated to be equivalent to three weeks of work.
- Students set goals of how much work they will do in each subject each day, putting the responsibility for their progress on the student.
- As the student works individually through the PACE, they do a series of reviews, and at the end sit a preparatory test.
- They then sit a PACE test.
- The pass score for a PACE test is 80%, however, if a passing score is not achieved then the student must retake the PACE until they pass.
The child is given a diagnostic test to determine current academic ability and clearly identifies any learning gaps within all subjects. For example, your child's English grammar may be above his/her grade level. However their punctuation skills may be below grade level. Your child is then placed in curriculum at his/her academic performance grade level in each subject and the learning gaps are then addressed to meet a student's specific learning needs and capabilities.
The students learn through setting daily goals and are challenged by marking their achievement. This key to learning allows the child to visualize and plan daily progress. This unique discipline of A.C.E. places responsibility and accountability on the student for learning, thus establishing a lifetime appreciation for goal setting and achievement.
The Biblical value of "excellence in all things we do" is translated into mastering subject content. The A.C.E. model reinforces honest achievement that results in advancement. Students must master a minimum of 80% of the material before advancing and therefore ensuring a solid, back-to-basics education for your child.
A.C.E. 5 Laws of Learning
- Students must be at a level where they can perform.
- Reasonable goals must be set.
- Students must be controlled and motivated.
- Learning must be measurable
- Learning must be rewarded.
Each learner therefore discovers how to:
- Set goals and meet deadlines.
- Develop critical-thinking skills.
- Think creatively and independently.
Based on these principles, the Accelerated Christian Education curriculum assures parents of a course that is individualised.
The A.C.E. model adapts to the learning speed of your child, unlike the "Public School Model" where the group is lock-stepped regardless of the student's academic abilities.