What is a Character Living Family?
Today, many families face various challenges, pressures, tensions, different views on raising families and the list goes on and on as the world becomes more complex and complicated.
A Character Living Family is a family with challenges and pressures; with imperfections, inconsistencies, and needs; with periodic conflicts and failures but a family that has purposed to learn true harmony and genuine appreciation for each other and those outside the family.
How can you build a Character Living Family?
Character living as a family can be boiled down to four essential steps:
- Evaluate your PERSPECTIVE towards your family.
- Formulate a PLAN for developing character together.
- Begin to PRACTICE the basic principles of character living.
- Develop a PROCEDURE with practical steps of action.
Building a Character Living Family Step by Step.
PHASE I: PERSPECTIVE
- Take responsibility for your family.
- Decide to aim for a successful home.
- Make the connection between character and success.
- Make a personal commitment to character living.
PHASE II: PLAN
- Step back and take a careful look at your home life. Evaluate it.
- Make a list of goals for your family, with a set of objectives for reaching each goal.
- Sketch a plan for the pace, order, and method your Character Living Family will follow.
PHASE III: PRACTICE
- Modeling good character.
- Praising good character.
- Teaching good character.
- Recognizing good character.
- Correcting for good character.
PHASE IV: PROCEDURE
- Gather the family together for a special meeting.
- Explain the importance of character to their success and what it means to be a Character Living Family.
- Pass a Character Living Family resolution and explain that this is a commitment to work on character as a family.
- Share your plan.
We will guide you on how to build a Character Living Family week by week.